Responsibilities include things like but, are not minimal to:
Operate collaboratively in an interdisciplinary coordinated treatment delivery design and execute receptionist obligations, buyer provider for the correct and timely remedy of clients and maintains appointment schedules for one or a lot more outpatient clinics.
Must help with clinic access contingency programs by adjusting appointment instances, spot, or dates as effectively as change patients to other health care vendors as conflict with staffing and/or coverage happens.
Have to monitor/receive cellphone phone calls in a courteous and well timed fashion, determine the mother nature of requests and provide the details ideal employing privacy policies and set up clinic procedures.
Reveal techniques to veterans and their loved ones users both in person and on the telephone in a caring, compassionate, and delicate manner.
Independently handle situation obligations with minimal supervision as properly as set priorities and deadlines altering the circulation and sequencing of the operate to meet up with crew and individual requirements.
Notify supervisor when clinic accessibility is much less than attractive or if an unique affected individual cannot be scheduled inside of mandated clinic’ timeframes.
Day by day evaluation of energetic/pending consults, Recall record and Audio care communications for accuracy and disposition.
Coordinate administrative services for veterans, relatives users, caregivers, and basic community, administrative and medical staff to insure continuity of inpatient and outpatient treatment.
Do the job Routine: Mon-Fri 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Useful Assertion #: 00000
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Approved
Everlasting Modify of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not essential
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to use for this task.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born soon after 12/31/1959.
- Ought to be proficient in published and spoken English.
- You could be necessary to serve a probationary interval.
- Matter to background/security investigation.
- Selected candidates will be needed to complete an on line onboarding approach.
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a prerequisite for all Office of Veterans Affairs Wellness Treatment Staff (HCP).
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disorder 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination method is a requirement for all Veterans Health Administration Health and fitness Care Staff (HCP) – See “Extra Details” underneath for facts.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may possibly only be appointed when it is not doable to recruit certified citizens in accordance with VA Plan.
- English Language Proficiency: MSAs ought to be proficient in spoken and created English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005, aspect II, chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3j.
Could qualify based mostly on remaining coated by the Grandfathering Provision as explained in the VA Qualification Conventional for this occupation (only applicable to current VHA staff who are in this profession and fulfill the conditions).
Grade Determinations: For Advanced Professional medical Aid Assistant, GS-6: Just one year of expertise at or equivalent to the subsequent reduce grade level GS-5.
In addition to the Fundamental Specifications outlined earlier mentioned, the incumbent should show the pursuing KSAs:
- Skill to collaborate and talk with a broad array of health-related clinicians across several disciplines (e.g. medical doctors, nurse practitioners, medical professional assistants, psychologists, psychiatrists, social personnel, medical pharmacists, and nursing personnel) to accomplish crew aim setting to ensure health-related care to people is met.
- Means to independently established priorities and arrange function to meet deadlines, making certain compliance with set up procedures, insurance policies, and polices.
- Ability to talk tactfully and efficiently, electronically, by cellular phone, in person, and in producing, with inner and external prospects. This could consist of planning reports in several formats and presenting knowledge to several organizational concentrations, as nicely as resolving patient fears.
- Highly developed information of the specialized wellness treatment process (which include, but not restricted to, scheduling throughout interdisciplinary coordinated treatment shipping and/or treatment in the community versions and affected person wellness care portals) as it relates to obtain to treatment.
- Advanced information of policies and processes connected with interdisciplinary coordinated care shipping and/or care in the community operational routines that have an impact on affected person circulation, and patient guidance treatment administrative features to consist of, but not confined to appointment cycles, outside the house patient referrals, observe-up treatment, overbooking, service provider availability, and so forth.
- Advanced knowledge of health-related terminology because of to the specialized nature of language used by clinicians.
References: For extra information and facts, remember to refer to VA Handbook 5005, Portion II, Appendix G45 Professional medical Support Assistant Qualification Benchmarks, GS-0679, dated August 1, 2019. This can be found in the regional Human Means Business.
The whole functionality degree of this vacancy is GS-6.
Physical Necessities: The get the job done is generally sedentary but also requires some standing, going for walks, bending, lifting, and carrying of mild things.
Significant: A transcript need to be submitted with your application if you are basing all or element of your qualifications on education and learning.
Notice: Only education and learning or levels identified by the U.S. Department of Training from accredited faculties, universities, schools, or institutions may perhaps be made use of to qualify for Federal work. You can confirm your schooling listed here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ . If you are making use of overseas education and learning to meet qualification specifications, you must ship a Certificate of Overseas Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit rating for that training. For further data, pay a visit to: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/listing/ous/global/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html .
Obtaining Support Credit rating or Earning Yearly (Vacation) Depart: Federal Employees make once-a-year leave at a amount (4, 6 or 8 several hours for every pay out period) which is dependent on the selection of many years they have served as a Federal staff. VA may present freshly-appointed Federal employee’s credit rating for their occupation-similar non-federal experience or active responsibility uniformed navy services. This credited company can be utilized in deciding the rate at which they get paid annual leave. This kind of credit must be asked for and permitted prior to the appointment day and is not certain.
This occupation possibility announcement might be employed to fill more vacancies.
This posture is in the Excepted Provider and does not confer aggressive position.
VA encourages individuals with disabilities to apply. The well being-associated positions in VA are protected by Title 38, and are not lined by the Program A excepted appointment authority.
To guarantee compliance with an relevant preliminary nationwide injunction, which may well be supplemented, modified, or vacated, relying on the program of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will get no action to put into practice or implement the COVID-19 vaccination need pursuant to Executive Buy 14043 on Demanding Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. For that reason, to the extent a VA work announcement contains language demanding candidates to be totally vaccinated towards COVID-19 pursuant to Govt Purchase 14043, that necessity does not at the moment apply to this Occupation Announcement. VA may request facts with regards to your vaccination standing, if chosen, for the functions of implementing other place of work basic safety protocols, this kind of as masking, physical distancing, screening, travel, and quarantine.
If you are not able to use on the net or will need to fax a doc you do not have in electronic sort, look at the pursuing website link for information concerning an Alternate Software .