“10 Library Support Myths Every Librarian Should really Problem”
Part of the Library 2. Sequence with Dr. Steve Albrecht
Ten Library Company Myths – is it time to concern what we think we previously know about having treatment of patrons’ requires in the library? This overview session is an additional in our “Essential Librarian Collection,” for all library personnel and library leaders to take into consideration specific longhand beliefs about serving patrons that require a lot more considered. A discussion guide, as effectively as the presentation slides, will be offered to all who take part.
This 60-minute education webinar is offered by Library 2. and hosted by ALA creator and library support, safety, and safety pro, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
We are going to explore how several of these 10 provider concepts you have approved, taken to be genuine, or even rationalized:
- The Consumer Is Generally Correct.
- The Golden Rule is a excellent rule of thumb.
- Multi-tasking when supporting patrons saves us time and exertion.
- Smiling and applying a patron’s name various instances in the conversation is a fantastic thought.
- It’s under no circumstances alright to explain to patrons “no” and quit assisting them you are done when they’re completed.
- Good company abilities just can not be taught you possibly have them or you really don’t.
- When picking to use a service worker with experience compared to enthusiasm, use for encounter.
- You can not deal with an employee’s terrible provider attitude.
- Library workforce are not permitted to be blunt and direct with patrons.
- Providing incorrect facts to a patron is not that huge of a offer we all make issues.
Day: Friday, July 29, 2022, at 2:00 pm US – Eastern Time
- $99/person – contains any-time entry to the recording and the presentation slides and receiving a participation certificate. To organize team special discounts (see down below), to submit a buy purchase, or for any registration problems or questions, email [email protected]
- Free of charge for individuals on individual or group all-obtain passes (see below).
Click on In this article to spend. You can pay back there by credit history card, and will receive an email in just a day with information and facts on how to show up at the webinar stay and then your long term access to the webinar recording. If you have any hassle registering for a webinar, if you want to be invoiced or pay back by verify, or if you have any questions, remember to email [email protected] Note: please test your spam folder if you do not acquire your affirmation email ideal absent.
Special Team RATES (email [email protected] to arrange):
- Multiple individual log-ins and accessibility from the same business paid out jointly: $75 just about every for 3+ registrations, $65 each individual for 5+ registrations. Limitless and non-expiring obtain for individuals log-ins.
- The capacity to clearly show the webinar (dwell or recorded) to a group found in the identical actual physical area or in the very same digital meeting from 1 log-in: $299.
- Big-scale institutional entry for viewing with particular person login capacity: $499 (hosted both at Library 2. or in Market Academy). Unlimited and non-expiring access for those people log-ins.
- All-entry annual passes consist of unlimited accessibility to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht’s previous Library 2. webinars, furthermore live and recorded entry to his new webinars for just one 12 months. These are hosted both at Library 2. or Market Academy (if desired).
- For a $499 unique all-access yearly move to all of Dr. Albrecht’s stay webinars and recordings for one yr, please click on here.
- Inquiries for all-accessibility organizational contracts must be directed to [email protected]
Due to the fact 2000, Dr. Steve Albrecht has experienced thousands of library workforce in 28+ states, stay and online, in support, basic safety, stability, and supervision. His applications are fast, entertaining, and deliver tools that can be put to use straight away in the library workspace with all varieties of patrons. In 2015, the ALA posted his e-book, Library Stability: Better Conversation, Safer Services. He is at the moment composing the sequel, The Safe Library: Holding Customers, Staff, and Collections Safe, for Rowman & Littlefield.
Steve retains a doctoral degree in Company Administration (D.B.A.), an M.A. in Safety Administration, a B.A. in English, and a B.S. in Psychology. He is board-certified in HR, protection administration, employee coaching, and risk evaluation.
He has composed 24 publications on company, stability, and management subjects. He lives with 6 dogs, two cats, and 3 chickens. (Not all in the identical area, of program.)
WEBINAR RECORDINGS Out there: