“Librarians as Mandated Reporters:
Baby Abuse, Dependent Grownup Abuse, and Elder Abuse”
Part of the Library 2. Collection with Dr. Steve Albrecht
This overview session is yet another in our “Provider, Protection, and Security” series for all library staff and library leaders to far better comprehend the lawful, ethical, and reporting prerequisites when staff members witness, are explained to by victims, or they suspect youngster abuse, dependent adult abuse, or elder abuse. A handout copy of the presentation slides will be available to all who participate.
This 60-minute coaching webinar is presented by Library 2. and hosted by ALA creator and library service, basic safety, and security professional, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
Finding out AGENDA:
Concealed crimes can have general public victims. Though child abuse, dependent adult abuse, and elder abuse frequently just take place powering the scenes, library employees may possibly see examples of these crimes in their perform ecosystem. Caregivers, mothers and fathers, and perpetrators may possibly interact with their victims in the library, that means library staff members have the possibility to assist initiate an investigative process by social workers and regulation enforcement to protect these vulnerable populations.
- Who is an aged individual in your condition? (It varies, at age 65 in a lot of and age 60 in some.)
- Who is a “dependent adult” in your condition?
- What agencies, over and above Boy or girl Protective Expert services (CPS) and Adult Protective Products and services (APS) can support with suspected abuse instances?
- What is the most important motive for elder abuse?
- What are the key kinds of little one abuse?
- How to be a “professional witness” versus intervening in an real abuse circumstance.
- How can library workforce remain safe whilst reporting abuse?
- How may possibly elder abuse or youngster abuse perpetrators use our Net techniques to uncover victims?
- What is a “sweetheart scam” involving an elderly victim?
Day: Thursday, August 11, 2022, at 2:00 pm US – Jap Time
- $99/person – involves any-time entry to the recording and the presentation slides and acquiring a participation certificate. To prepare group special discounts (see below), to submit a invest in order, or for any registration issues or questions, email [email protected]
- Free of charge for people on unique or group all-obtain passes (see underneath).
Click on Listed here to pay back. You can pay out by credit history card, and will obtain an electronic mail inside a day with data on how to show up at the webinar are living and then your everlasting obtain to the webinar recording. If you have any issues registering for a webinar, if you want to be invoiced or pay by test, or if you have any queries, make sure you email [email protected] Note: please check out your spam folder if you don’t acquire your confirmation e mail proper absent.
Unique Team RATES (e mail [email protected] to set up):
- Multiple person log-ins and obtain from the very same organization paid out jointly: $75 just about every for 3+ registrations, $65 each individual for 5+ registrations. Limitless and non-expiring access for people log-ins.
- The potential to show the webinar (stay or recorded) to a team found in the exact actual physical location or in the exact virtual assembly from 1 log-in: $299.
- Huge-scale institutional entry for viewing with specific login capacity: $499 (hosted either at Library 2. or in Area of interest Academy). Unlimited and non-expiring entry for those log-ins.
- All-entry annual passes involve unrestricted access to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht’s prior Library 2. webinars, plus are living and recorded obtain to his new webinars for just one year. These are hosted both at Library 2. or Specialized niche Academy (if desired).
- For a $499 individual all-access yearly go to all of Dr. Albrecht’s dwell webinars and recordings for one particular yr, be sure to click on listed here.
- Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts ought to be directed to [email protected]
Since 2000, Dr. Steve Albrecht has properly trained thousands of library workers in 28+ states, stay and on line, in company, safety, protection, and supervision. His plans are fast, entertaining, and deliver tools that can be place to use straight away in the library workspace with all kinds of patrons. In 2015, the ALA published his e book, Library Protection: Far better Conversation, Safer Services. He is at the moment creating the sequel, The Safe Library: Trying to keep Customers, Personnel, and Collections Secure, for Rowman & Littlefield.
Steve holds a doctoral diploma in Company Administration (D.B.A.), an M.A. in Stability Administration, a B.A. in English, and a B.S. in Psychology. He is board-accredited in HR, security administration, personnel coaching, and menace evaluation.
He has written 24 publications on business enterprise, stability, and leadership topics. He lives with six canine, two cats, and a few chickens. (Not all in the similar room, of program.)
Previous WEBINAR RECORDINGS Obtainable: