“Health-related Emergencies at the Library:
What to Do Right until the Paramedics Get there”
Element of the Library 2. Series with Dr. Steve Albrecht and showcasing Fireplace Chief Robert May possibly, JD.
This 60-moment instruction webinar is yet another in our “Company, Basic safety, and Protection” collection for all library employees and library leaders, introduced by Library 2. and hosted by ALA writer and library service, security, and security pro, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
For this session, Dr. Albrecht hosts a guided interview with California Hearth Main and longtime Sophisticated EMT Robert May possibly, JD, as they go over the selection of achievable health-related functions that could happen in a library and may well involve staff members to offer simple first support right until EMTs or firefighters get there.
A handout copy of the presentation slides will be offered to all who participate.
Finding out AGENDA:
- How “Good Samaritan” guidelines defend employees from legal responsibility when delivering good-faith very first support in all 50 states.
- Possible professional medical gatherings at the library: falls by young ones or the elderly damaged bones cuts sprains or dislocations coronary heart attacks or strokes warmth exhaustion or warmth stroke disabled or wheelchair patrons falling patrons with insulin/minimal blood sugar signs or symptoms.
- The want for a absolutely-stocked significant-scale “Big Box” initial aid kit, stored in several parts of the library, such as each and every ground if it is a multi-story creating. Recent mass assaults and mass shootings have revealed how most 1st aid kits don’t have plenty of tourniquets or chest wound clotting bandages. Using tourniquets for a serious bleeding harm will call for team to follow employing them.
- Is CPR use now about providing compressions only?
- AED equipment: how they operate, how to get qualified, and a refresher discussion with staffers who have presently been educated.
- How to figure out and treat shock in an injured person.
- Opiate drug overdoses: warning indicators, risk-free responses, Narcan use. Law enforcement or paramedic reaction (scene security when an overdose client recovers).
- Blood-born pathogen safety and health care HAZMAT troubles.
Day: Thursday, September 8, 2022, at 2:00 pm US – Eastern Time
- $99/person – contains any-time obtain to the recording and the presentation slides and receiving a participation certification. To set up group special discounts (see underneath), to post a invest in purchase, or for any registration problems or issues, email [email protected]
- Totally free for those on particular person or team all-accessibility passes (see below).
Click on higher than to fork out. You can pay out by credit score card, and will get an e mail inside a working day with data on how to go to the webinar dwell and then your lasting access to the webinar recording. If you have any difficulties registering for a webinar, if you have to have to be invoiced or spend by verify, or if you have any thoughts, please email [email protected] Observe: make sure you check out your spam folder if you you should not acquire your affirmation e mail proper absent.
Distinctive Group RATES (e-mail [email protected] to set up):
- Numerous individual log-ins and accessibility from the exact same organization compensated with each other: $75 each individual for 3+ registrations, $65 each and every for 5+ registrations. Unrestricted and non-expiring access for all those log-ins.
- The skill to show the webinar (reside or recorded) to a team found in the very same bodily area or in the exact same virtual conference from one particular log-in: $299.
- Big-scale institutional obtain for viewing with unique login capacity: $499 (hosted both at Library 2. or in Specialized niche Academy). Unlimited and non-expiring accessibility for those log-ins.
- All-entry yearly passes incorporate limitless accessibility to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht’s previous Library 2. webinars, furthermore live and recorded accessibility to his new webinars for 1 yr. These are hosted either at Library 2. or Area of interest Academy (if chosen).
- For a $499 particular person all-obtain yearly move to all of Dr. Albrecht’s dwell webinars and recordings for one particular calendar year, remember to click here.
- Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts need to be directed to [email protected]
Also Coming Up:
Given that 2000, Dr. Steve Albrecht has experienced countless numbers of library staff in 25+ states, dwell and on the internet, in services, basic safety, and protection. His packages are rapid, entertaining, and give equipment that can be put to use straight away in the library workspace with all varieties of patrons. In 2015, the ALA revealed his reserve, Library Safety: Greater Communication, Safer Services. He is at the moment writing the sequel, The Safe and sound Library: Holding Employees and Patrons Protected in a Shifting Earth.
Steve holds a doctoral degree in Business enterprise Administration (D.B.A.), an M.A. in Protection Management, a B.A. in English, and a B.S. in Psychology. He is board-certified in HR, protection management, employee coaching, and danger assessment.
He has prepared 24 publications on business, safety, and management subjects. He lives with seven pet dogs, two cats, and three chickens.